Friday, May 7, 2010

Seen in NYC

So when you live in a big city, you are likely to see some strange or unusual things as part of the day to day. What's more, you are likely to walk right by without thinking much more about it. Like when I used to sit outside at restaurants on the Upper East Side, and see a guy in a thong leotard and nothing else come walking by. So here is my list of somewhat unusual things I walked right by in the past week or so:
  • A man standing having a smoke on the sidewalk in a full length dress
  • A man splayed out on the ground bleeding from the head as someone tried to ask who they should call to help him
  • A woman sobbing as a disinterested looking man held her for a long time
  • 3 separate caravans of film crews (and not a single star!). (From the looks of it, I have been seeing the crews for the Smurf Movie and White Collar. I'm upset to keep missing NPH)
  • A full out bitch fight between a cabbie and a man driving a Lexus, neither of which seemed to show any damage
  • Jeremy Sisto of Clueless and Waitress fame, eating a gyro

So that's my latest list. I am fairly certain there are more things I've just forgotten about. Ah, the joys of living in the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment