Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Distraction/ True Blood

Mentally, I am still on vacation. I just got back from ten days (not nearly enough) in Martha's Vineyard: beach, books, boogie boarding, bike riding, loBster...ok, I'm out of B things. But it was a great time, as always, with the extra bonus of a little summer romance thrown in.

So now I'm back at work, totally distracted and having a hard time actually remembering to do anything that I'm supposed to. Really, I'm lucky I didn't get run over by a bike on my way to work this morning, I had my music on and wasn't paying any attention to the hustle of the city.

So along with the loads of laundry I did last night, and instead of the grocery shopping or anything else useful I could have done, I caught up on the two episodes of True Blood that I missed while away. And I have to say, I'm not so sure about the ways that this season is deviating from the books. This is supposed to be when Sookie decides Bill is no good for her, after he lies and goes to Lorena, and then almost drains her while raping her in the trunk of a car. So they had a little bit of that on the show, and then they go off and have make-up sex. What about Alcide, the hot, good natured werewolf, who, yes, is a little pathetic in his obsessive feelings for Debbie (way more trailer trash in the show than in the books), but still would be worth having a little fun with. Come on, take a look and tell me you disagree.












But what it really comes down to is the fact that in this season, Eric is supposed to save her and arouse her interests. He is not supposed to provide distraction for a Vampire boy-toy (who kept getting in the way of all the good Eric nudity, may I add, so really just brought the staking on himself).

I do like Alan Ball's decision to keep Lafayette around, because he's awesome, and his new little romantic side plot is pretty cute. And the addition of Jessica doesn't bother me, though she seems kind of extraneous this season. But really, all of this Sam's family story I could do without. I don't care about his weird dog fighting mother and brother (who isn't even cute, so really, what's the point?).




And yes, from the books, I know what Sookie is and what this other world is, that Bill has absolutely no place in visiting, that was frustrating. I'm curious where this season is heading, and super excited for season 4, if it sticks pretty well to that book, which is my favorite in the series.

But back to vacation. I would happily trade in my TV and WiFi to go live full time on the island (of course they have those things, but my house there does not, which is fine by me). Of course, should a hot viking vampire attack me in the woods by my cabin, all the better ;-)

2 comments:

  1. first, i'm so jealous you go to martha's vineyard every year and every year my jealousy does not end.. haha! secondly, tho i didn't read the True Blood books i agree that sookie needs to drop bill and hook it up with eric, irritated by sam and stupid family drama (sidenote: isn't his brother Dennis Hopper's son? maybe that's why he's still on the show), love alcide!!, and loooovin the eric nudity (tho there could always be more), lastly when you move to the island i'll move with you! :)

    ReplyDelete